, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Review: Maybelline The Colosal Volume Cat Eye

02:58

So with the regular "Colossal Volume" mascara by Maybelline being my favorite drugstore mascara, I was especially excited to try out the cat eye edition when it first came out. I love cat eyes and this mascara so I thought this would be perfect for me. The first time I tried it out I honestly wasn't that impressed. Even the second and third time I tried it I just didnt like it. It's definitely not a bad mascara, it just doesn't meet up with my expectations because the regular Colossal was so much better. This cat eye mascara is more of a lengthening mascara than a voluminous mascara. The reason I loved the regular colossal so much is because of the amazing volume it gives me.

Of course I didn't give up on it, because hey, I spent 10 bucks on it. I WILL get my money's worth (aka I will use up this whole tube of mascara) and the more I use it, the more I'm starting to like it. Yes, it is different from the regular Colossal because it's less of the voluminous look and more of a long spikey spidery look, but honestly, I'm just slowly falling in love with it. It's a different look which is why I guess I didn't like it at first, but this different look is a good look as well ! Other than it being "different" it honestly isn't much "worst" than the regular Colossal. It's formulation is good, nice and dark, not too wet (gets better after 2 or 3 uses), lengthens like crazy and it does what it claims to do ! 




It has a "claw" brush that does wonders for lengthening. The bristles really holds onto your lashes well and makes them look long and spikey.




My bare eyelashes (not curled)



My bare eyelashes (curled)



I don't have non existent lashes (I'm one of the lucky chinese girls who got lashes that are a decent length and also isn't very sparse)



First coat of the Cat Eye mascara. You can clearly see that my lashes got much longer even after one even coat.



Left eye is coated but Right eye is not. 







It really does look very nice and dark and spikey. 



Top View

I picked up the non-waterproof one just because my lashes have no problem holding a curl so I didn't really need to water proof one. I also don't get much problems with smudging under the eye like I sometimes do with other mascaras so that's a plus. But yeah, that's my little review on the Maybelline Cat Eye Mascara. If you're like me, and you didn't like it the first times you tried it out because it was different from the regular one, give it another 2 tries. The more I'm using this mascara, I really am starting to like it a lot more. Would I rather purchase this mascara or the regular one? I would still say the regular Colossal (it is my favorite afterall) but I've only used this mascara about 4 - 5 times so who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it more. 


Have you tried any of the mascaras from the Colossal Volume line? 
Which one did you like better? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment ! Hope you're having an amazing day (:

Angel, xx

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin