, , , , , , , , , , , ,

nobody wants to kiss dry lips !

18:40

I have always had a problem with dry skin and dry lips. The dry skin part wasn't that big of a deal. I mean, it is annoying and I do have to apply lotion and cream more often then the regular person does but it really isn't that big of a hassle. Dry lips however, is the bigger problem. 
If you naturally have lips that are prone to chapping and dryness, you would already know what I'm about to tell you, but for those who are blessed .. let me tell you why it sucks to have super dry lips. 
1. They are constantly cracking. Just smiling, yawning, or even just opening my mouth a little too wide when I am taking a bite of my burger. BAM cracks and bleeds. NOT PLEASANT. 
2. They're flaky. The dead skin sometimes peel upwards, and it is extremely tempting to just peel off. but if you peel it, no matter how lightly and carefully you do it, you always end up ripping off a whole chunk of skin. PAINFUL. 
3. Can't wear lipstick. the colour will sink into the cracks and look absolutely horrible. YUCK.
4. NOBODY WANTS TO KISS A PAIR OF DRY AND CRACKED LIPS. 

It took me forever and a day to try and find some good lip balms that work for me, so if anyone else has extremely chapped lips and is looking for lip balm that doesn't just smell good but also get's the job done, maybe these can get you started. 

I know that what works for me, might not work for everyone, but maybe this could give you an idea on where to start looking ! 

So here it is, my list of moisturizing lip products that works ! (For me)


1. Blistex Natural Cooling Comforts: I actually was introduced to this by my boyfriend surprisingly. He took my Burt's Bees lip balm once cause he liked it and he said I could have his lip balm instead. It turned out to be this, and I ended up loving it ! It moisturizes well, it soothes my dry lips, easy to apply, and it even makes a good base for my lipsticks. However, what I noticed about this product is that it does fade away quickly and needs to be reapplied quite often. A lot of people also complain about the texture and consistency of this product and say that it is not comparable to the other Blistex products which have a thicker, waxier consistency, but I actually prefer this lighter consistency much more. Some people also say that this lipbalm gives a gritty feeling sometimes, but I have never experienced grittiness with this product. Overall, I really do like this and it just works for me. I do have to reapply it quite a bit but like with my lotions , I really don't mind that much. $1.99 @ most drugstores



2. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm: I'm sure everyone and their grandmas have heard of this lip balm and I wouldn't be surprised. It really is a great product that does it's job quick and well. This lip balm is a little bit pricier than the average lip balm, but I think it's for good reason. When you first apply it, it has a cooling sensation and it soothes your cracked lips. It also has a minty flavor to it to match the coolness of the product. I personally love the cooling sensation just because my lips are often sore from the cracking and this helps with the soreness. It has a waxy texture (hence the beeswax) and it's a nice feeling because I feel like it holds in the moisture well and it stays on your lips longer. It repairs my cracked lips well, like the Blistex one does and both give off the same soothing feeling. $4.99 @ London Drugs

                                   

3. Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil: For those who don't like the cooling sensation of the Beeswax Lipbalm, but like the replenishing feeling of it, you could try the Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. It's a toss up between this one and the Original Burt's Bees lip balm when it comes to my favorite Burt's Bees product. This one has a very nicer scent in my opinion and moisturizes my lips just as well. It also gives my lips a slightly rosier tint even though when I swatch it on my hand it shows up clear. $4.99 @ London Drugs

                                                       

4. Nivea A Kiss Of Moisture Essential Lip Care : This is one of the first lip balms I've tried when I was on the hunt for a good moisturizing lip balm. It is long-lasting as it says on the packaging, but this is lip balm I go for when it's not winter and when my lips are not super busted up. I usually like using this, OR 
                          
5. Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey in the warmer months when my lips aren't completely rugged and broken. This is another one of those products that nice to apply before you apply a lip color because it sinks into your lips quickly and leaves it feeling smooth and moisturized. This however, does not work that well when my lips are flaky. It kinda just stays on the surface when my lips are flaky and does not heal or repair my lips the way Burt's Bees or Blistex does. It's still a good product though, just not for the colder months. Both $1.99 @ London Drugs
6. Vaseline Lip Therapy: Last but not least, I've got the trusty ol' Vaseline Lip Therapy. I used this as a kid but I didn't really like it because of it's thickness but trying it again when I'm older I've learned to appreciate it more. It's not something I would really carry around in my purse to apply throughout the day but it's the kind of stuff that I would keep on my night stand to apply when I'm at home or before I sleep. It's super moisturizing and does a great job and really , and I mean REALLY moisturizing my lips. I still don't really like the texture and feeling of the product (I've never liked the feeling of vaseline on my skin) but it really does the job done. Keep in mind it is petroleum jelly so if you are sensitive to it, this might not be the product for you. It is however very affordable and can be found every where. It's also a really good size and I can never seem to finish a little tub of this. Which is good I guess since I dont have to go out and purchase more. $1.99 @ London Drugs.

So that's my list of lip products that work for my very cracked and dry lips and I'm really hoping they work for you too. Also, instead of going out and purchasing lip scrub, I often just use the corner of a towel with some warm water, honey and sugar mixed together OR just my apricot scrub exfoliant that I use on my face. Those usually do the job for me in removing the excess dead skin I have on my lips from cracking. 

I hope this helped you guys out ! 
Thanks for visiting (:

What are your favorite Lip balms ? 
Do they work for you? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment ! Hope you're having an amazing day (:

Angel, xx

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin