, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Review : The Body Shop Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask

20:02

Here's another review for you guys, and it's on the Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask from The Body Shop. I used to always use the Vitamin E Moisture Cream from the Body Shop and also the Aloe Soothing Day Cream for my daily moisturizer so my mom and I would always be in The Body Shop buying more. Recently this year, My mom started purchasing the Body Shop Masks and since then she has sworn by them. After she finished her first little tub of the Honey and Oak 3-in-1 Scrub Mask she went back right away and purchased not 1, but 4 different masks to try. I've never really been a avid mask user , except for occasionally using the My Beauty Diary Masks when I feel like pampering myself. Recently however, my skin has been going through a rough patch and has been breaking out, patchy, and just plain ugly. After complaining to my mom time after time and freaking out about my skin (because I've never had a problem with breakouts before), she told me to try out these masks that she bought and told me they would help with my terrible skin condition. 

Well I tried it, and have been trying it out for the past month or so, so here's my review on how this deep cleansing mask is working.

Cleanse, Exfoliate and purify, with Community Trade Blue Corn Powder for Normal/Oily Skin


So when you first apply this, it is a quite dry formula and it's kind of hard to work with. The first time I tried it, I was super confused about how I was going to evenly spread the product on my face because well.. it was so dry ! However, if you work with it, if will workout. 

Tip: What I did to help it apply better is instead of patting my face dry like the directions tell you to, I left my face damp (not completely wet, JUST damp) and applied the product while my face was still damp. I found that this helped the product smooth over my face much easier and allowed me to work the product onto my face more evenly. 



ANYWAYS

When I first applied this on my face I was surprised to find out that it actually stings on my face a little. I think this is because I have quite dry skin though, because when I read other people's reviews on it, people with normal or oily skin had no problems with the stinging. It doesn't really bother me though, because as soon as the mask slightly dries and settles onto your face, the stinging sensation goes away. 

The consistency of this mask is quite gritty and has quite large chunks in it for exfoliating (atleast larger than I am used to). It is quite abrasive because of these larger exfoliating bits , but it really isn't too bad. This cleanser does exactly what it says it does though, it leaves your face feeling very smooth, and very very clean. 

Even after the first time I used it, I noticed that the redness in my face has definitely faded away a bit, and my face feels extremely smooth and nice to the touch. I don't use this mask enough times a week to tell you whether it lasts if you use it consistently maybe every couple of days, but I can tell you my skin feels pretty great after even just one use. 
After I use this mask , I do need to apply moisturizer just because, like I've said, I have very dry skin. In the description of this product on the website, it states that you usually don't have to apply a moisturizer after and it doesn't dry out your skin, but different people have different preferences, and I just prefer to moisturize afterwards because ANY exfoliant dries out my skin a little bit. 




Overall, this is a great mask and it does exactly what it's described to do. The only problems it has is that stinging sensation when you apply it and also the abrasiveness of the chunky consistency but if you have oily skin that LOVES being exfoliated, then I think you would really enjoy this product. I would repurchase this after it is finished just because it does leave my skin feeling much smoother and those two downsides don't really bother me much. Unless I can find a product that does as well as this one when it comes to deep cleaning and purifying my skin, without the stinging and chunkiness, I'm not planning on switching . 

Thanks for the visit guys ! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment ! Hope you're having an amazing day (:

Angel, xx

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin