, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Lipstick Collection !

03:36

Lipsticks never appealed to me much until earlier this year. I have extremely dry lips (along with my skin), so it was always hard for me to find a lipstick that doesn't dry them out more. The only lipstick I would occasionally wear was maybe a nude one or a pink one. But the keyword in that sentence would be occasionally.
This year, however, I discovered the wonderful world of lipsticks ! After watching countless videos on youtube on fall trends, I just had to go out and try this whole dark lip thing for fall. And that's how it all started...
I've always had quite a couple of lipsticks lying around, but most of them were just those full sized Lancome lipsticks that come with a purchase sometimes (70% of my lipsticks are those). The first lipstick I actually bought was Nude Delight by Rimmel because everyone needs a good nude lip. But since then, my skin tone has changed, and I actually barely wear Nude Delight anymore.

Anyways, here's my very small lipstick collection ! You can see from the pictures that pretty much all of them look very new, and well that's because, as I said, I didn't really get into wearing lipsticks until earlier this year. So here it is. 


17 lipsticks and 3 glosses  !

So first, let's start off with my Lancome collection and an Estee Lauder
Like I said, I actually didn't technically buy any of these , they all came as gifts with purchase. And yes, my mom and I do buy quite a lot of Lancome products. Perfumes, Skincare, Makeup etc.

So here are the swatches for the lipsticks. 
Fuchsia Clutch - Color Design Sheen: Avery bright fuschia with a slight blue-ish purple reflex to it. It's VERY pigmented and creamy.
Love it ! - Color Design Cream: A very creamy nude-ish pink. 
It Girl - Color Design Sheen. The colour of this lipstick kind of reminds me of the NARS orgasm blush. It's a peachy-ish pink with a gold sheen / shimmer. 
Designer Bloom - Color Design Sheen: A warm berry-rose color. Definitely a fall/winter colour. It looks quite intimidating in the tube, but it's opacity is not super dark and is quite buildable. 
Provocative - Color Fever Shine: Looks VERY intimidating in the tube, looking like a dark brown with crazy glitters. But when applied, it's a sort of sheer opacity so it's very wearable. Even after 2 layers, it doesn't come out as a dark brown, but as a plummy purple instead. The glitters are definitely still visible though, and on the lips, this color looks very glossy.
Sugared Maple - Color Design Sheen: In the tube, this color looks extremely similar to Designer Bloom but when swatched or when applied it is a more brownish burgundy color. It leans more to the brown side whereas Designer Bloom leans to the red side. 
Tiramisu - Pure Color Crystal Lipstick: A sheer shimmery nude color. 


Next is just a variety of lipsticks, and most of these I bought myself (except for one that was gifted.) We have 3 Maybellines, 2 Rimmels, 1 Revlon, 1 Estee Lauder, and 1 NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil. 


My favorite out of the bunch are definitely the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks. I love the formula, I love the color selections, I love the pigmentation, I love the packaging, I love everything about them. They are definitely my favorite lipstick right now. Second would be the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks. I only have one of them though (primrose) so it's hard for me to judge whether I really like all their lipsticks, or just this one. I am planning to get more soon and test them out, and maybe I'll do a review? 

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks: 
Deepest Cherry - A dark plum-red wine color. The pigmentations is good but the color definitely doesn't come out as dark as it looks in the tube. However, you can easily achieve that darkness with a few more layers. a BEAUTIFUL color for fall and winter. 
Blissful Berry - A deep true berry color. The payoff is good but once again, the color is definitely lighter on the lips than in the tube. The tube color is definitely easily achievable though. At it's full opacity, it looks similar to 1 layer of Deepest Cherry but it's definitely got more of a purpley tint to it. 
Warm Me Up - The most perfect "my lips but better" color that beauty gurus are ALWAYS talking about. (atleast for me.) It's that color that you apply when you don't want to wear a color but still want to apply lipstick on your lips. It's a warm nude pink that goes with pretty much any makeup look. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick:
Airy Fairy - A very talked about color in the youtube / blog world. To me, however, it wasn't worth the hype. I'll admit that it is a pretty color, but on my lips it doesn't look like the "perfect nude" that a lot of people describe it as. It looks like a more peachy ish pink color. It's still a nice color though, it just wasn't what I expected. Also the formula is drying for my lips, but it might just be me because I already have very dry lips. 

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick:

Primrose - Also quite a talked about color, Primrose is a very cool toned baby pink color. The formula of this lipstick is AMAZING. Very creamy, very good color payoff and very moisturizing. The color on my skin tone is a little too cool but it's still a beautiful color. I usually just put a warmer lipgloss on top. 

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick:
Nude Delight - A very peachy nude color. It can look very nice on certain skin tones (like mine when I first got it) but it is quite light and can easily wash you out (like how it looks on me now).  The formula feels moisturizing at first but it doesn't last very long. 

NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil:
Plush Red - A VERY pigmented red color with a tint of fuschia pink in it. I love the formula and payoff of this lip product. I think it's a very good alternative to lipsticks because the payoff is equally as amazing (if not more) and it is extremely creamy and moisturizing. I can't wait to try more of these out. (review?)

Estee Lauder All - Day Lipstick:
Spiced Cider - A Spicy warm gingery color in the tube, but on the lips it's definitely lighter and more plum. The color is still quite nice though, and is good for the Fall or Winter. 

Here are my last few lip products and I have 3 glosses and 2 tinted lip balms / VERY moisturzing lipsticks from Mentholatum.

Bubbly Wine - a very moisturizing lip product. I would consider this a tinted lip balm instead of a lipstick. It's a very pretty dark plum wine color. Looks much darker in the tube than it is when applied.

Pretty Pink - Same tinted lip balm product as Bubbly Wine except in a pretty warm toned pink color.

Raspberry Ice - a Lancome juicy tube. a Peachy Pink color with a gold shimmer.

Spring Fling - a clear Lancome juicy tube

Simmer - A golden peach Lancome juicy tube












So that's my entire Lipstick collection. I hope it helped and gave you some new lip products to check out (: 

Thanks for visiting  ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment ! Hope you're having an amazing day (:

Angel, xx

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin