, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

REVIEW : MAC PEONY PETAL BLUSH

00:49


I think I've already talked about this blush once before, but I wanted to give you guys a swatch and review of the my very first MAC blush ; Peony Petal. 
I originally went into the MAC store to purchase their Melba blush. I've been eyeing it down for quite some time now, and it is pretty much the prettiest soft peach colour ever. 
However, the day I went in, they were actually fresh out of the Melba blush in pan form, so I decided I would pick up a different blush for the time being, just because I didn't want to leave the store without a buying something. It was just one of those days.


Peony Petal caught my eye because it looked very bright and daring in the pan, but when swatched, was actually a very soft barbie doll pink blush. One of the MAC girls applied it with a blush brush on the back of my hand and showed me how different it could look when lightly applied and heavily applied. It was definitely not what I went into MAC to buy, AT ALL, but my justification was "why not buy something that's different from all the other blushes you own."
Not a bad justification at all, but the only problem with that, is that I don't reach for this blush very often. 


Here's it swatched on the back of my hand. I really tried to swatch it nice and hard for this photo, so you could see it's true colour on my skin. But usually when I use it, I don't ever apply it so heavy-handedly, so it actually comes off as a soft rosey cool toned pink. 
I think this blush would look even better on someone with fairer skin than me, but even on my very yellow skintone, it gives off a nice soft glow. 
This blush isn't as creamy or as pigmented as some of the other blushes I own, but that's actually fine for the blush that it is. Because it is such a bright colour, it makes it a lot more wearable due to the fact that it's not super pigmented. I would have to be a lot more careful applying it if it was. It is a little on the chalky side, but it isn't something that is hard to deal with, and you can tell that it is still a very high quality blush.

I definitely don't regret buying this blush, but I don't reach for it as often as I would like, when spending 20 something dollars on a blush. 
It works well as a spring time / summer time blush because of it's bright dolly pink nature. Even in the winter, applied lightly to the tops of the apples of your cheek, it could give a very nice "I was just outside in the snow" look. 

More soon, 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment ! Hope you're having an amazing day (:

Angel, xx

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin