, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

THE GIRL BIBLE : WHY MEN LOVE BITCHES.

14:48


I was introduced to the Girl Bible by this woman that I really looked up to in high school. She was actually the representative for a program called SACY. What this program did was come to high schools and offer once a week lunch time classes that educated teens about drugs (this session usually included free pizza). 
This wasn't the conventional "don't do drugs kids!" lesson that you'd assume it was. 
SACY took pride in understanding that, no matter how hard adults tried to hammer into our heads that "drugs are bad", we were still probably going to do them anyways. 
So what they did instead, was educate teens about the wide spectrum of drug effects, how to take care of someone on drugs, and safe drug use. They gave us so much information about the drugs, that honestly.. sometimes it was enough for us to decide for ourselves that "NAAAAH , I ain't gunna try that EVER."

Anyways, this great mentor's name was MJ, and she was just about the coolest adult I've ever met. 
To be fair, she was not even thaaat old. When I say adult, I meant she was probably late 20s? early 30s? but to a 17 year old, that's pretty old. 
We got close because I had helped her round up the troops, and spread the word about this lunch time class ( that really, wasn't even a class. we just had a blast talking about drugs and eating pizza ). 

Sometimes we would even go out for ice cream, or coffee after school just because. I loved talking to her, and she loved giving me guidance. 

One of the greatest things she's guided me to was this book. 
"Why Men Love Bitches"

This isn't your typical "how to get a guy in 60 days" book. I mean, yes the book is teaching you strategies and ways that helps acquire your guy, BUT that's just the surface. What it really is teaching you, more than anything, is to be an independent and confident woman, to love yourself, and realize your worth as an amazing woman.... which just so happens to also be what gets you the guy.
The title may be daunting and confusing at first... "Why would I want to be a bitch?"
But read the book and you'll understand. The label "bitch" is used not in it's conventional meaning, but to represent a woman who is strong, and doesn't NEED a man to fulfil her every need. Because HELL, she can do it herself. 
This book teaches you to hold up your own in a relationship. Not just be his doormat, or fuck buddy. 

I've read this book over and over again. And to this day, I still pick it up every once in a while and give it a go. Especially when I am feeling down on my self, this book is the perfect "pick me up". Even just flipping to the back of the book and just reading the list of "attraction principles" that are explained throughout the book helps greatly. 

If you are a girl who's feeling down in the dumps lately, or if you are trying SO SO hard yet for some reason, you just can't get the guy.. give this book a go. 
I seriously recommend to ALL girls. not just the ones I described just now. Even if you're the most sophisticated, confident, successful, and independent girl EVER. Just read it anyways to remind yourself how GREAT you are. Everyone needs it every once in a while.

I love marking mine up with highlighters sticky notes. 

If you've read it, or you go and pick it up, let me know in the comments ! I'd love to hear what you guys think about my girl bible. 

Much love, 











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment ! Hope you're having an amazing day (:

Angel, xx

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin