, , , , , , , , , , , ,

THROWBACK : POINT ROBERTS ADVENTURE

17:51


Had to venture down to Point Roberts a while back to pick up a parcel I had delivered there. Ended up having a brunch and an adventure with one of my closest friends, Khayla. 

Started our brunch off right with a nice warm beverage at Caffe Capanna. I'll link their Urban Spoon page here. I think I had the Caramel Macchiato that day. 


And of course a delicious breakfast sandwich with shredded potatoes. My obsession with shredded potatoes are very real and very serious. Need to see if I can find out if I can make them myself quick enough for breakfast in the mornings. 


And then I had this heavenly creation. This is the French Onion Soup... I would 10/10 recommend and return to Caffe Capanna just for this french onion soup. It was just fantastic. The cheese, perfectly gooey. The onions, melt-in-your-mouth softness... ugh. Just thinking about it makes me wanna go for a drive. 


Stopped by the beach afterwards. I've been told that the beaches down at Point Roberts are worth checking out. It wasn't the sunniest day, but it was still absolutely serene and relaxing just to slowly walk along it. 


One thing I couldn't help but notice was how smooth and beautiful all the rocks were. Weird, I know; who the hell goes to a beach to admire rocks? Answer? I DO. I used to collect rocks when I was a kid (huuuuge loser I know) but yeah. 
While walking we discovered that someone else had clearly also been enjoying the rocks cause we found this little display on one of the logs. Needless to say, I took a rock home. 


While exploring the rest of the town, we met some friends ! This little guy took a special liking to Khayla. 






We also thought it would be a brilliant idea to buy a disposable camera and take pictures of the Point Roberts that we fell in love with, so that we could print the pictures out and keep them. Yes I realize that we could've just printed the pictures off our iphone, but the novelty of getting an actual disposable camera was too irresistible. 
We also discovered that day Khayla is a creature of nature, and has a "picture-taking pose" that she sticks with. If it works, it works eh? 



We ended our little trip deciding that when we are older, we will buy a vacation home in Point Roberts together. Everything about it was just... amazing, and gorgeous, and awe-inspiring. 
If you live in Vancouver and you just need a day off from the hustle and bustle of the big city, take a drive out there. It definitely was a huge stress relief for me. 

More soon, 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment ! Hope you're having an amazing day (:

Angel, xx

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin